Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tis the Season

Welp, my least favorite thing happened last night.... the Rangers season came to a close.

I haven't posted much about the rangers this season, due to how busy i am. I watched the majority of the games and cheered and rooted for them the whole way. So here are my thoughts on the Rangers, and the 2012 season.

1. During Spring Training while we were there watching, I had a feeling (one of those deep gut feelings) that this season wasn't going to end in our favor.

2. As the games went on, our attitude wasn't in it. I think we had let the previous seasons get to our head a bit.

3. I feel our rookies did GREAT!! Yu, Robbie, and the others really brought their A games.

4. If we wouldn't have lost Colby Lewis, Neftali Feliz, and of the other pitchers, I feel like we would have had more of a chance. Our bullpen is good, I just don't think we had a good grasp on how to run it.

5. Josh Hamilton needs to go. I love the man, but he I'm done with him. His attitude towards the team and the game has changed. He wants 10 years, but isn't worth 10 years. I have a feeling his baseball attitude has changed from humble to Yankee.. and he needs to go.

6. The team stayed positive with each other, and for the most part the boys had good attitudes throughout the season. They played a united front.

7. There is a big plus side to us not going past the wild card game..... we have a chance to lose all those dumb bandwagoner fans! Who needs them? NOT US! At Spring Training I was sick of seeing people who knew nothing about baseball or the boys, yet were all up on them...... PEOPLE ARE DUMB!.... any  who so we could lose those fans AND ticket pricing might go down a bit! That's good for me because I could go to more games next season! :)

8. I am about sick of all these people talking negative about the team, as if they lost on purpose.... As Wash say "that the way baseball go"

9. Yes, we lost, yes there were things that could have gone differently, but support your team!!

10. There's no crying in baseball!!

A few of my favorite baseball quotes:

It breaks your heart.  It is designed to break your heart.  The game begins in spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.  ~A. Bartlett Giamatti, "The Green Fields of the Mind," Yale Alumni Magazine, November 1977

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  I stare out the window and wait for spring.  ~Rogers Hornsby







No comments:

Post a Comment