Tuesday, May 18, 2010
So I was talking to a friend who had read my blog last night, and he said you make it sound easy, but in reality it's not an easy task. We as humans tend to make it into something it isn't. I mean we do that all the time. Like...ooo he likes me (when in reality you've said a whole two words together)....ooo i didn't get the job (all though the interview went wonderful)....ooo nobody likes me (but you have like 500+ friends on facebook... We do that all the time, we make stuff seem the opposite of what it really is because that's in our nature to do that.
So i did some thinking last night, and tried to figure out why people have so much trouble having beautiful feet. Here is what i came up (many of them from my own experiences.)
1. You see someone who is "prettier" than you, so you back down, because of your insecurities of yourself.
2. You are too shy, so to even say thank you when someone holds the door open in the elevator is pushing it for you.
3. You fear you don't know Scripture enough to share with somebody else.
4. You think there might be a lifestyle barrier, you don't party, so how in the world would you talk/let alone relate to someone who does.
Each one is a legit reason people don't go out there and share. However; they are not acceptable. Each one can be argued.
1. You are beautiful, because you were made in the eyes of God. He made you, the God of the whole universe made YOU! Don't doubt yourself at all
2. Sure shyness is an issue, but are you shy around your best friends? i think not... So pretend/imagine they are your bff! Step out of your comfort zone... it's TIME!
3. Sure you need to know scripture, but the first step like i said before is establishing a relationship, so you don't have to worry about that right away. After a while get a game plan. Plan out a conversation and know the scripture you want to use. Have it ready ahead of time. Look it up for Pete sake
4. Okay you don't party. Congrats! However, if you are a college student, i guarantee you have heard stories about what "goes down" at the parties. Listen (eaves drop) and get to know their stories. I promise it won't be that bad. Sure you don't know what a jello shot taste like, or you don't know how to bump and grind, but i promise it'll be okay! :)
So now to the title of this blog. Think about for a moment, you're fixing to sign the dotted line to serve in the army. You have a million things running through your head. Boot camp, stations, how to shoot, let alone how to not be shot at. War is a scary place to be. I have watched my best friend deploy and fight for our country in Iraq. He says it is a scary place and the insecurities he faced before he deployed were gone once on the battle field.
Once you become a christian you sign a dotted line to fight in God's army. You vow to follow him through think and thin. To pick up your sword (bible) and fight. I love what Psalm 45:3-6
"Put on your sword, O mighty warrior! You are so glorious , so majestic! In your majesty, ride out to victory, defending truth, humility, and justice. Go forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds! Your arrows are sharp, piercing your enemies' harts. The nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne O God endures forever and ever."
How awesome is that? We fight for this amazing God. Now granted when he says pierce enemies hearts or nations falling beneath your feet. He doesn't mean lets go kill those who do wrong! It means this is what we are called to do. We are warriors, and I promise once you put on your armor and stand to face the war you're insecurities/doubts/worries will be diminished because you have God on your side!
So stand up and have beautiful feet and fight in God's Army! Check out this Ephesians 6:13-17. It goes into depth about what you need to be in God's Army! I love this part of Scripture!
Have a great day :)
Monday, May 17, 2010
What does Beautiful Feet mean? Does it mean that you just got done with a pedi and y
your toes have those cute little designs on them? No, not what I mean when I say beautiful feet........so now you ask what do you mean? Let me explain
In Romans 10:15 it says"...How beautiful are the feet of the messengers who brings good news"
It is absolutly amazing how selfless people will give up their time to be uncomfortable and tell people about Jesus. I think each and every one of us need to step out of our comfort box and have beautiful feet. Telling people about Jesus isn't easy, especially when they are complete strangers, but it is our job as Christians and for me personally it's me paying back my debt (which will never be paid off) to my Heavenly father who sent His son to die for me.
I find missions so important in the world, certaiinly since this world is so lost and desperatly needing a savior.
Keep reading and we'll take it step by step to having beautiful feet and serving this AMAZING God who is so beautiful, wonderful, glorious. :)
Hey! Welcome to my blog. This won't be about me, it'll be issues we all go through and what it means to have beautiful feet.
A little about me! I'm a college student and am deeply in love with Jesus Christ. I believe the only reason I am on this earth is to serve Him. I am going to become a teacher and hopefully travel to third world countries to share the good news! I love to sing, act like a total goofball, love to watch the Texas Rangers and Texas Tech football. I really love my family and wouldn't be where i am now if it wasn't for them! My friends play an important role in my life.
Keep checking in for new posts and updates! :) have a fantastic day!!