Saturday, October 6, 2012

Update on Life



Hey guys, hope everybody is doing great! I know I haven't updated as much as I'd like, but I thought I would today... It's a whopping 57 degrees outside, light rain, and I'm cuddled up watching movies so i thought I would write yall!

So let's start off with School....... YUCK! I am drowning in lesson plans! This semester I am actually in the classrooms and am teaching certain grades.
I am teaching 1st grade reading, 2nd grade social studies, and 2nd grade math and science.  WOOO :)

I also am a paid tutor for 9th grade freshman at the high school here. Let me just tell you, I have to learn to turn on my little kid teacher voice and my big kid teacher voice. It's been fun! I really enjoy it.


Next let's talk about Upward Cheer...... I am in love with my girls and coaches! I have a pretty awesome squad and love it immensely! It takes a lot out of me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I coach the Rockets (2nd-3rd graders) We have a blast! I have an awesome assistant coach and some great cheer moms! My upward coaches have become great friends and I love them to pieces! My favorite time is before practices to sit and talk about our weeks, laugh, encourage, or just vent! They're amazing!! :)

Church......  so this might shock some people, but I am currently going to First Assembly of God church in San Angelo. I grew up and was raised baptist, but I was invited to go to First Assembly and went and loved it. There are some things that don't match my baptist upbringing, but I love it. I go there on Monday nights also because they have a HUGE college organization there... it's called Chi Alpha. I love it! Awesome time of worship! :) I've been going off and on since my freshman year but this year I'm connected in there and love it. There are some amazing people that go there and I have made some amazing friends there :)

What's been going on in my Spiritual Life..... honestly, I don't know where to start here... I have been learning a lot about myself. This semester has all been about the word "overwhelmed", it would be so easy for me to freak out and panic attacks because this life is hard, BUT no way jose I'm not worrying about that anymore. I know that as long as I serve the Lord and work hard then I'm going to be okay! There is no reason to be overwhelmed or stressed, I serve a God that is bigger than that!!
 I've also learned that my wants and desires for my life are not God's. I don't want to get into too much detail, but I have had this list since I was a little girl in what I wanted in a person...... and I've learned that my list and God's list are totally different. Why just ask for the average things, why not ask for more than you can imagine, and if it's based around God and is God centers he supplies. I have so many times thought I wasn't worth enough as a person to be a good person for someone else, so since i underestimated myself I also underestimated my relationships, whether it be with a boy, friends, coworkers, family members. God has so much more planned for me and sees me as his daughter and I need to try and see myself through God's eyes...

Well that's a quick update... I think I need a nap now on this cold, dreary Saturday! :)
I'll end with some pictures from the past few weeks! Enjoy :)

Teaching on Adjectives.


Teaching on Plot

Actually in the classroom teaching! :)



my cheerleaders!

My Squad the Rockets! :) LOVE THEM!



Karl and I at the Pep-rally!



Coach Jill and Coach Ashlee

My girls at the Pep-Rally

Coach Kara and Coach Ashlee














Girls at Chi Alpha in our D.B.A shirts

This is Jeremy! In our D.B.A shirts! 
This is my best friend... he enjoys teasing me :(

Love these girls! :) We go to flag football game every
Wednesday nights!

And we grade papers there -___- :)

Praying for the children of Kenya

Praying for the children of Kenya













No comments:

Post a Comment