Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Disease.....Racism


Racism. The cold hard truth


Before I start this blog I would like to express my feelings on racism… I was raised not to see color, I was taught that whether a person was white, black, brown, red, purple, or hot pink; skin color does NOT make one person better than another. I see racism as a very SICK disease.

So let’s begin with a story, shall we? This is a true story. I’m not gonna give names or the name of places to protect people…

This past Friday night I am sitting in a high school gym watching my sister play volleyball, but let me explain to you exactly where I am. I am in Fort Worth in a school that isn’t inner-city but close. We walk through the doors to the school and are greeted by three fully armed police officers. You walk in a tiny gym, it was very crowded, we are mixed in with their fans and let me just say their fans had spirit. You see the only white people in the gym, with the exception of maybe five, were all from Mineral Wells.
((here are the results I found when looking at the cultural diversity between the school we were at and MWHS… The other school:: is 60% black 20% white 20% brown….Mineral Wells High School:: 60%white 35% brown 5% black okay so you see the difference? Now the reason I say colors and not African American, Mexican American, and Caucasian is to make a point…))
Now back to the story. The team we were playing took us to town and back. We played 4 games and they beat us badly. In the final game there were some very bad calls made, and the fans were getting into it, yelling at the refs. Especially a well known man from MW, he started yelling at the refs but then moved to the kids of the other team. This particular man is very active in his local church and claims to follow Jesus. Here’s where the night went sour. He started yelling at the girls from the other team, calling them trash, idiots, and my worst nightmare the “n word”. I couldn’t take it, I broke down in tears. How could anybody have the guts to do that? The kid didn’t do anything wrong but do what was she was told.


How can anybody claim to be a follower of Jesus, yet bash somebody because their skin color isn’t “right”? The saddest part of it, is this man is one of thousands maybe millions who believe like this. They see a color and not a person. They see a reputation of skin color and not the person. It baffles me. They serve Jesus Christ, and worship him, but I wonder if they ever really think about what Christ looks like. Jesus was born and lived in the Middle East, so in my personal opinion, Jesus didn’t have blonde hair, pale white skin, blue eyes, and was considered white. I bet he looked like all the other middle easterners. If the God they serve wasn’t their “right” skin color, how do they worship him?

It breaks my heart to see people act differently towards someone because of their skin color or ethnicity. God made EVERYBODY, ALL, TODOS! He made everybody so why in the world would we claim a “right” skin color. I have had friends who were Indian, Mexican, African, Asian, and White. I have dated White guys, Brown guys, and Black guys. I was raised not to see color, because God loves us all and he made us all in HIS image. We are all people who are no different from each other, except God just gave some people a better tan than others. That’s all.

In my opinion racism is a very serious disease that needs to be put to an end. It is a sickness that takes control of the mindset and is there because of years of brainwashing sent down by generations. We have to STOP! God made us ALL. So why don’t we start acting like God and love everybody regardless of what they look like!

Here are some verses.
- So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

- But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. James 2:9

-For God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:11

-Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sistertis still in the darkness. 1 John 2:9

-Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly." John 7:24

-There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28





No comments:

Post a Comment