Hey guys, so I know I recently updated, but I thought I'd give a run down on my year.... being that it is December 31st. :)
Okay so let's hit the high points of each month! :) Be prepared for lots of pictures :)
- I applied January 11 to go to Kenya!
- Started my last semester of actual classes (not practicums or student teaching)
- I had to come to a reality check with relationship stuff.
- My lil sister turned 16!
- Erin and I went to FanFest for her birthday where we got to see the Rangers up and personal!
|Going to AFRICA!!|
|With Katie Hamilton|
|Getting Nolan Ryan's autograph|
|My sister's coronation!|
- Started fundraising for Kenya and raised half my money.
- Got in a religious debacle with a lady.... turned out pretty cool, because my awesome bible study girls and I had a deep 4 hour bible study, where 2 of them gave their lives to Christ! The devil did not win that day!! :)
- Pretty boring month actually....
|Chillin in Physical Science haha|
|Bible Study girls!|
|Bible Study Girls at the lake|
- Spring Break to Arizona to spring training for the Texas Rangers!! A BLAST!
- My entire trip was funded and paid for!!
- I turned 21!!
- First alcoholic beverage......not that good...actually not good at all! haha.
|Saw Destiny at Spring Training|
|With Matt Harrison|
- First Rangers Game!
- My bible study girls and I went on a mission trip to Arlington Texas, where we worked at Mission Arlington and got to go Rangers game! check out our story http://ashburgeson.blogspot.com/2012/04/mission-arlington.html
|First Rangers Game|
|Mission Trip to Arlington|
- Finished the semester
- Moved into my own apartment with an awesome roommate!
- Worked a LOT!
- Worked a lot
- Hung out with the girls
- Weekend with my roommate to go watch the Rangers!
- Spent a day in the hospital due to an anxiety attack gone bad.
|In the hospital|
|Rangers game with the roommate!|
- wanna read more about my trip across the pond check it out! Way too much to say to write it on here.... click here
- or check some more out here.click here
- I met my boyfriend, but didn't know it at the time :)
- Worked a lot in August
- Officially started to "get to know" my boyfriend
- Had my last first day of school as a student....EVER!
- Started Upward Cheerleading as the Director and had 70 beautiful little girls!
|First day of school|
|My squad at the beginning of the season|
- School kicked in quickly!
- I started teaching!
- Jeremy met my parents
- Jeremy and I continued to "talk"
- I got very active with Chi Alpha (college ministry)
- Started going to First Assembly of God and LOVE IT!
|My amazing cheer coaches!|
|First day of teaching|
|All my girls|
- I finally could call Jeremy my boyfriend... click here
- School started kicking my butt!
- Still lots of Cheerleading going on!
- I think I literally became exhausted at this point
- My sister and the Mineral Wells Volleyball team made Mineral Wells history!
|At sisters volleyball game|
|Getting our dance on|
|My squad mid season|
- Semester was ridiculous!
- I took Jeremy home for Thanksgiving
- Jeremy was in a car accident (he's fine)
- Cheerleading was officially over!
- Jasmin and I took our boys on a scavenger hunt, and ended in a romantic picnic dinner!
|Black Friday shopping|
|with mom and grandma|
|childhood friend and her children|
|sister, cousin, and me|
|with the boys|
|My squad at the end of the season!|
- My mom spent some time in the hospital, but she's okay! Thank you Jesus!
- My amazing boyfriend got me a beautiful Christmas present
- I finished the semester off with a 3.80 GPA
- I went home for Christmas and spent it with my family.
- Jeremy and I spent the last few days of December just relaxing!
- My beautiful friend Jasmin got engaged to the awesome Marty!
|First day and last day|
|with the parents|
|present from Jeremy|
I really do feel that through the year God has grown me and taught me so much. I do not live my life for me, but for God and to further his kingdom. I think this year my eyes were opened to so much. I saw starvation, physically and spirituality I saw false teachings, I saw a church want only popularity, I saw friends surrender their lives, I experienced so much and through it all God revealed himself to me. I got to a point where i totally relied on him and he put the man of my dreams in my life. I saw him heal and bring restoration. I saw him change lives and impact lives forever! It was a great year! :)
So that's my year in a nutshell! It was a great year and I cannot express enough how much I thank all you who were a part of it! :)
Happy New Year and make 2013 count!