Tuesday, December 25, 2012

End of Semester Update

Hey guys! So it's been awhile since I've updated anybody on anything....so now that my life has calmed down, I feel like I can relax and type it all up! :) So I'll categorize everything! ENJOY! :)



SCHOOL:

My classroom and posters I made.
Ayyy this semester was hard! Not so much hard as in failing or passing, but rather hard as in SO MUCH WORK! As a practicum student, we were at 3 different elementary schools, teaching. We had to write a million and two lesson plans, plus all the extra assignments because what they already put on you wasn't enough. We worked our butts off, and it paid off! I ended the semester with a 3.8 GPA this semester, I would have had a 4.0, but my professor counted off some points for my absences (I'll explain later). At the schools I was at, I established relationships with teachers and principals, and have a great chance to get a job here after graduation. Next semester I student teach at one of the local elementary schools here in San Angelo, and I graduate May 11, 2013!!!! :D Can't believe it's already here! :)



My Cheer Squad
 WORK:

I had a job that I didn't get paid for this semester. I was in charge of 70 little girls and teaching them cheer! It was so rewarding and I loved it!! :)

 I worked as a tutor this semester at the freshman campus. I didn't do a whole lot of work.... The semester was kind of crazy with lots of different teachers in one classroom. I felt bad for my students, but when they got a full time sub, I just didn't work much or at all. I got super duper bored.... however;  I did learn a few things.... 1) High School isn't for me. 2) I know the importance of having a part of your child life. 3) I am better at math than I thought.



BOYFRIEND: (heehee, I still get giddy when I can say this)

Dinner at the Country Club for my work.
I could talk awhile about this boy! Jeremy Martinez has been a HUGE blessing in my life. He is such an amazing man of God, and is everything I've every dreamed about and more. I want to tell you how this all happened.... When I was in Africa this past summer, I realized I needed to stop trying to make a boyfriend happen. I needed to rely on God, and when God was ready and when I fully relied on God, he'd put the man in my life....Well I came back with that mindset and a little over a month after I got back, I met Jeremy. We started our little talking adventure at the beginning of September and our relationship has been growing stronger every day! I love him... (yes I said it) I've never loved a man before (beside the men in my family) and this type of love only comes from Christ alone. He is amazing.......great part is, my family loves him! haha! I cannot wait to see what the Lord does with our realtionship! ;)
Black Friday shopping


Carriage Ride downtown

Acting like dorks! :)














My girls!
FRIENDS:

This semester has been a bit trying for me and my friends. Since this semester was so crazy with school, the only time we saw each other was during class or teaching times. I also got a boyfriend.... and I found something out that I didn't know before, having the same beliefs on relationships does help build friendships stronger, but if you don't it can defiantly be a struggle. I'm glad we could all make it work, but there were some trying times...









After we ran the 5K color run




Big shoutout to my lovely roommate: She is amazing. We've lived together for six months and I can't thank God enough for her. We have a blast and laugh a lot! She is a huge support and encouragement! She blesses me more than you could know.



New friend alert::














Carriage Ride
Jasmin Ortiz! This girl! Okay background story. Jasmin's fiance (I can say that now too!), Marty, is best friends with Jeremy. Okay so Jeremy and Marty go way back! LIKE WAY BACK! Their stories are pretty insane. So Marty is engaged to Jasmin, and we all started hanging out. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how well this would work. Jasmin and I didn't get to talk much, because well our men like to talk! haha. I started going to a bible study she leads, and low and behold.... We hit it off. We realized we're a lot a like (just like Jeremy and Marty). Jasmin has become one of my best friends, and I honestly couldn't imagine what I'd do without her!! Love her to pieces!
The Gang





Christmas 2012
FAMILY: Lots of info pilled into a few paragraphs.
















Playoff game




Sister: She's a junior in high school and doing well. She kicked butt in volleyball this season and they made Mineral Wells history!! She is growing into a amazingly beautiful young lady!! :)








Daddy: He's amazing! I'm home for a few days and he and I just cooked Christmas dinner! Over the past few weeks I've got to see a different side of my dad... I'll explain that in a minute though.... He is still teaching and preaching. The church is doing well! It's all great back home!






Thanksgiving. mom, bb, and me
Momma: In the first week of December I got a call from my mom, saying she was on her way to the ER. My mom had a bulding disc, and a bone spur hit the spinal cord... 4 bulding discs in a few minutes, with one turn of the neck. They took her to Plano and we waited for days before they could do the surgery. She is doing well, but the recovery process can take up to a year. At this point she hs no feeling on the left side of her body, but can use it. She can feel the right side, but has limited use of her right arm. The doctor seems positive that she will have a full recovery.... It's been interesting because she is a very independent woman, and for the past few weeks she has to rely on others. Now that she has gained strength she is getting back to normal, but I know it was hard for her.

so back to Daddy now. I watched my dad in the hospital, when momma was in pain, and my dad was also in pain because his best friend was. I watched him take care of my mom, and only leave her side for a little bit. I saw what true love really looks like. Days off work and plenty of days without sleep. It was nice to see. I mean I see it all the time, but during a crisis, you could see their love BIG time!


No comments:

Post a Comment