Monday, December 12, 2011

Lessons learned


So I have learned a LOT this semester. For the first time in my college carrer i was surrounded by Jesus loving people. I found a church with tons of college students and it was perfect. I was attending a small group, but switched mid semester, because i felt it was God needed me to do. I learned tons from that experience, but bottom line God did work this semester through the two small groups I attended.

School was good, I learned hard work does really pay off. I got a 3.2 gpa, which i'm proud of, and i learned something very special about my life path........ I've always wanted to teach, but as I am going through my education classes, I've realized it's not as big as a passion as I made it out to be.....Now don't get me wrong. I love my classes, I love children, I still want to teach, but not what I thought I wanted to teach. With my degree I will be able to teach prek-6th grade, all subjects. I'm also getting a minor in English, so i will be able to teach 7th-10th English. I have realized that my call is to teach inner-city Fort Worth or Arlington. I will teach wherever they need me, but I also know I really want to teach high school English eventually. I also want to use my degree for teaching in a third world country for a little bit, and to also become a children's director for a church. (probably my daddys).

I have learned the importance of friendship. I have also learned the lesson of assumptions and how assumptions can destroy a friendship, but when two people love Jesus, friendships can be mended and restored.


So through my semester and my many lessons. God has taught me so much. He has destroyed my plans for my life. I realized that my 5 year plan is garbage. He is in control. He has told me to just be patient. (especially with the boy aspect). He has shown me what I am going to do with my degree. He has put a new love in my heart and set my heart on fire for where he is going to take me. I can't tell you where I will be in 3 weeks or even 3 months, but I know it's with Jesus. I've just got to stick with it, and press on. It'll be worth it in the end.

I hope you all had a great semester, for those of yall in school. Love you a ton and a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment