Monday, July 4, 2011


Hey guys! So we got home from Peru a couple days ago. I don’t even know if I can begin to explain the excitement and awesomeness of the trip! God did work, and he did a lot of it. So I really don’t know where to start, so here’s how we’re gonna do this blog… I wrote a note on facebook, so I’m gonna put that on here, and at the end I’ll put what God did through my life! K?

A day by day report!

Tuesday, June 21st: We started at 2:50 in the morning and headed to the airport. We had a stressful morning trying to get everyone on the plane, but it all worked out. We left and got to Florida where we went on a boat tour and hung out for a little while. The college kids got in a taxi where the taxi driver was watching a YouTube video on his iphone, texting on another, making a call, going 80mph, and making a drug deal all at the same time! lol. WOW!!! We finally got to Lima around 10:30 and made it to the hotel. We crashed and got an okay nights sleep in.

Wednesday, June 22nd: Woke up early and had a yummy breakfast, then loaded on a bus and stayed on that for 9 hours!!! We got to Trujillo that night and we visited with Noelia's family for a bit then headed to the camp and spent the night.

Thursday, June 23rd: WORK WORK WORK! Let the work begin, we started by painting the inside of la mana building and then after lunch the college kids went to the other side of camp and sanded the whole building. Holy moly we were sore after that day. We had dinner, went to the bodega, and then had a bible study that night.

Friday, June 24th: STAIN STAIN STAIN! We stained and stained and others painted and painted. We only worked in the morning, but we accomplished a lot that day. That afternoon we headed to the orphanage that is about 15 minutes from the camp! Those kids were amazing. There was one little girl from last year I really wanted to see again, and as soon as i got to the orphanage I searched and searched, when I finally found her, she remembered me. Blanca and I hung out the remainder of the time we got to be there with them. After the orphanage we hiked up to a look out and got to see God's beauty around the area. There is just something amazing about walking around a small village in Peru, that just makes you smile from ear to ear!!! We had dinner, went to the bodega, and had bible study

Saturday, June 25th: Work work till the sun goes down. We worked really hard that day. We were determined to finish almost everything, so we could leave touch up stuff for Sunday. We got the inside and outside stained and painted on the convention center. We got a lot done! We ate dinner, went to the bodega (it was a every day event) and then had bible study.

Sunday, June 26th: BEST DAY EVER!! we went to church and it was an amazing service! Dad preached and Noelia translated. To see people worship in another country really rocks your world. Then we finished up and cleaned up the job site. We showered afterwards and then headed to Shiran to hang out with the people. We started with just playing with a few little kids, and before we knew it we had about 20 kids in the center of town and a crowd watching us from around. We played duck duck goose and a Peruvian game with them. When we left they all gave us lil kisses and it was so much fun just to love on the local kiddos. After we played we had dinner, and on our way to the bodega we heard the church having another service so we snuck in and worshiped with them again. Then we had bible study and packed everything up.

Monday, June 27th: We loaded up and told Noelia's family good-bye (or CHOW) then we got on the bus for another 9 hours on our way back to Lima. That ride was rough and we were not feeling too hot by the time the bus stopped. We got back to the hotel and slept for a few hours.

Tuesday, June 28th: wake up at the crack of dawn and head to the airport. We got there ate a quick breakfast and boarded our flight to Cusco. When we arrived in Cusco we did a little shopping and walked around the main plaza. We got our first experience with haggling, and boy was that fun.......NOT! We got a lot of awesome stuff though. We went to bed pretty early because we knew that the next couple days were going to be very chaotic.

Wednesday, June 29th: Machu Picchu. We bussed to a train then to a bus and hiked Machu Picchu! All i can say is God is an amazing amazing God. It was so beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice. It was a once in a lifetime experience, and I am so glad I got to do it with some amazing friends and family. After we went through Machu Picchu we bussed to the train and then to the bus back to the hotel.

Thursday, June 30th: ONE SAD SAD SAD DAY!!! We left Cusco and flew back to Lima. Noelia's parents picked us up and we went and toured Lima. We got to see the traditional ceremony of the guard changes at the Presidents house. That was pretty sweet! Then we had lunch where I had a beef heart, a little bit of guinea pig, and octopus. YUMMY! (well except for the octopus) After lunch we did some last minute shopping and then headed to the airport to head back to the U.S. of A! We stayed on a plane forever and a day, and got back this morning (July 1st) around 10.

What God Did!

1.So what did God do? Well to start he broke my heart in a million pieces. As soon as I walked out of the airport into Peruvian air, my heart began to break; not that it wasn’t already broken, but you forget what it’s like (especially living in America). He made me realize how blessed and lucky I have it. He taught me how to love in a whole new way.

2.He gave me a mission field. I know that when I’m here in the U.S my mission field is the classroom and preschool ministry. I know that, but I knew there was more, but couldn’t figure it out. Well I got my wake up call. Children of Peru! I am still not sure what I am gonna do or to what extent my involvement will be, but I know I am called to work with the children in Peru. The days we got to play with kids were the happiest days of my life. We played and laughed together, only understanding a little bit of what the other was saying, but it was perfect. When we left I got so many little kisses and hugs, and I was fighting back tears. Those children deserve to see love, a love from God.

3.He also did something I wasn’t expecting. He laid on my heart some stuff about my future man. I have always wanted and known I am called into the ministry, but then it hit me on the trip… I want a man who is going to serve with me. Who will be right by my side and us serving together, I think I’ve always had that in mind, but it wasn’t my mindset. I want it to be a team effort. He also is preparing my heart for the guy to show up and wow me. I’m stubborn, a hot head, and very independent. He showed me on the trip that I can’t do it all, I am going to have to be a bit dependent because I can’t do life alone. Let me clarify I am dependent on God, but when it comes to others, especially guys, I am a very independent girl!

So those are a few things God did through me and I know he worked through our team. He created new relationships, new experiences, new conversations, and he made us all extremely close. The college kids and I became very close, and we got to have some awesome relationships with the high school girls that went! I know that God is still working on us, for me I know for sure. I still try to speak Spanish when I go out, or pay in sols. Being home is breaking my heart, because half (if not more) Americans don’t realize how good we have it. Even the poorest American has it better than most Peruvians. So if you wouldn’t mind, saying a prayer for my friends in Peru, God is surely at work there and there is so much to be done! Thanks for all your prayers and support! Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment